Create or join a team!
Let’s Run for Peace! Teams are made up of friends, families and co-workers who run or walk together to raise awareness and funds to support victims of domestic & sexual abuse! Corporate groups or groups of friends may race together as a team of 2 or more. Teams allow you and your running or walking partners to challenge one another in the spirit of fun, friendly competition!
Employees from companies of all sizes can make a difference by participating in the Run for Peace. The benefits include:
- Team-building – A Run/Walk team is a fun way to create camaraderie in your office!
- Networking – Encourages co-workers to meet peers from other departments.
- Leadership skills – Employees can volunteer to act as Team Captains.
- Health and wellness – Encourages co-workers to get out and run or walk.
- Philanthropy – The Betty Griffin Center Run For Peace is a great way to give back to your local community and support employees who may be facing the issue of domestic or sexual abuse.
Friends & Family Teams
Friends and Family Friends and Family Teams are at the heart of our efforts to end domestic & sexual abuse. Individuals come together as a way to support a friend or family member that has been affected by the violence. These teams often stretch beyond immediate friends and family to include neighbors, community organizations, church groups, civic groups and schools. Regardless of who joins, forming a Friends and Family team is an effective way to bring even more awareness and funds to this critical cause. At the same time, team members can get involved in the community and move toward their personal health and wellness goals.
Start a team!
- Volunteer to serve as team captain to recruit and keep track of your team of 2 or more. Don’t forget to register your team on race day at the “Team Tent”. Prizes will be awarded for the Largest Team, Most Spirited and Most Creative Attire. There will also be an award for the Top Fundraising Team! Good luck—and may the best teams win!